Freeland Church closed as a place of worship after Easter 2017. Its members are now worshipping at other local churches.
Julie Hurst, a member of the congregation, has written a book on the history of the church:
Freeland Methodist Church was the oldest Methodist Church in the Witney and Faringdon Circuit. The building was commenced in 1805 and was completed in 1807.